I strive to be a good help meet to Steve and good mother to my 18 children. We have been blessed with children both by birth and adoption. Our adopted children have all come with some challenges and as such our life is not easy but God never promised it would be. We hope to be sanctified daily. We are passionate about education that gives people of all ages a love of learning. We are also passionate about good food, food the way God intended it to be eaten and as such are working at establishing our sustainable farm to provide for ourselves and our community.

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

Housing and Health Care

We had a favorable house showing this past Friday - looks like the folks (who are organic farmers) are pretty interested - they will make their decision in the next two weeks. 

On another note, the passage of the Health Care Bill sickens me - more so, now that I am taking this Constitution class and I realize the gross injustice the house performed against it.  Health Care is not a right of every citizen, good medical care is a benefit afforded to those who work hard enough to afford it.  Personally, I believe health insurance should not exist, instead doctor care should be paid out of pocket just like any other service performed.  I believe the insurance companies (and the legal systems of this country) have made the prices so high this is now impossible, similar to the cost of housing now which makes it virtually impossible to pay cash and have no mortgage. 

So, my response will be to continue to feed my family in a very health manner so that doctor visits are all but obsolete (we havent taken a child to the doctor for anything other than acute injury in years) and I am glad that midwifery is legal in our state as I imagine quality OB care will become almost impossible to find in the coming years.

Finally, I begin an online class focusing on Agriculture this week - I am very excited.  Eric and Linda will be taking one on the "7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens" and Lucas is starting one entitled, "Transformational Writing" - lots of good learning going on.

3 comments:

  1. "The passage of the Health Care Bill sickens me." I love that line. I think it's passage not only sickens but frightens a lot of people. While the majority of the nation was against it, it still passed. God is in control. Our government is a blessing to Christians as it is bringing more and more of us to our knees and closer to God.

    Ooops. I don't usually do political.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I agree with you on the Healthcare plan....and I am praying for God to protect my family and keep us healthy.


    God's Blessings,

    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed!!! The Constitution is becoming a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete