I strive to be a good help meet to Steve and good mother to my 18 children. We have been blessed with children both by birth and adoption. Our adopted children have all come with some challenges and as such our life is not easy but God never promised it would be. We hope to be sanctified daily. We are passionate about education that gives people of all ages a love of learning. We are also passionate about good food, food the way God intended it to be eaten and as such are working at establishing our sustainable farm to provide for ourselves and our community.

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Great Books of the Western World

My big boxes came in the mail the other day - containing The Great Books, The Gateway to the Great Books and The Reading Plan for the Great Books - I began delving in yesterday and found out that I have already completed the first two readings so I am ahead of the game...

I am almost finished with my Alethia skirt by Lila Tueller and will start Easter dresses today.  In addition, I have been reading some intriguing information about fasting and meditation-two lost spiritual disciplines in our day.

Further- I found a really neat manifestation of technology the other day - downloadable sewing patterns.  My favorite Kwik Sew patterns purchased online (at a discount no less) and then able to be printed and glued together from home-how awesome is that??

Thirdly, our oldest adopted son (he is an adult) going through some rough times of his own making-I am praying that God will use these things to regenerate his heart.

Finally, Navy and Green bean soup for lunch and homemade Spaghetti and Italian bread for dinner...yum - plus the baby bucks keep coming - another goat kidded yesterday - lots of goat sausage in the future I guess!!

2 comments:

  1. Goat sausage sounds good to me! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now the sausage sounds interesting...nothing like I have heard before...totally new for this homesteader. Will pray for the son who makes choices that the evil one enjoys...God reveal yourself to this child of yours...draw him back to the fold if he is away.

    Amen!


    Connie

    ReplyDelete