I strive to be a good help meet to Steve and good mother to my 18 children. We have been blessed with children both by birth and adoption. Our adopted children have all come with some challenges and as such our life is not easy but God never promised it would be. We hope to be sanctified daily. We are passionate about education that gives people of all ages a love of learning. We are also passionate about good food, food the way God intended it to be eaten and as such are working at establishing our sustainable farm to provide for ourselves and our community.

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

Evenings with Victoria Botkin

I attended my first online session with Victoria Botkin last night.  I am very excited about having her as a mentor as God uses her to exemplify the calling in Titus 2.  Unfortunately I had to leave her mentoring session a bit early to switch over to my Great Books session but since I will receive an MP3 file that I can keep on my Ipod I know I can make up what I didn't hear.

My Great Books session was very informative as well.  We had a side discussion about Plato's "Crito" as well as some beginning discussions on Transformational Writing.  The concept of this intrigues me and since Lucas will be taking a seminar on this in a few weeks I will look forward to seeing what skills he develops and will possibly take the class in the future.

We have a gentleman coming this morning to install a new higher speed internet system which will hopefully allow our computer to keep up with all of our online classes...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria,

    We are neighbors here in the Northwest! What a beautiful place you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your post on Victoria....thus the boo boo. Hi Amy! How's that? I'm having a good time looking over all the blogs at the Femina party, and just like a real party, I am always poor remembering names!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting me - we hope to make it down to your church sometime in the future- have heard all good things!!


    My blog picture is a stock picture unfortunately but we would love to have a farm like this...

    ReplyDelete