I strive to be a good help meet to Steve and good mother to my 18 children. We have been blessed with children both by birth and adoption. Our adopted children have all come with some challenges and as such our life is not easy but God never promised it would be. We hope to be sanctified daily. We are passionate about education that gives people of all ages a love of learning. We are also passionate about good food, food the way God intended it to be eaten and as such are working at establishing our sustainable farm to provide for ourselves and our community.

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Friday, July 30, 2010

Ladies Tea with Michelle Duggar

I listened to the Baby Conference CD which was a recording of the Ladies Tea with Michelle Duggar. I came away from it inspired. She is such a joyful person because she chooses to be. It would be easy for me to say that its harder for me to find joy because most of my adopted children are so difficult. But that is incorrect. God has chosen to GIVE us these children and despite their issues and challenges we should be grateful, joyful and content. Beall Phillips stressed how the Duggars have prayed to be joyful in everything God gives them, good and bad. The same humbleness I heard in Jim Bob Duggar's message I heard in Michelle's. It is understandable why so many people love them because they see two people completely joyful about life, its rewards and its hardships. Were that more people were like them!

1 comment:

  1. An excellent attitude! It happens that this is a topic I've been discussing lately. You may enjoy reading this:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Sure-Formula-For-Happiness

    Wouldn't it be great if more people would choose to see the joy that is around them instead of the negativity?

    ReplyDelete