I strive to be a good help meet to Steve and good mother to my 18 children. We have been blessed with children both by birth and adoption. Our adopted children have all come with some challenges and as such our life is not easy but God never promised it would be. We hope to be sanctified daily. We are passionate about education that gives people of all ages a love of learning. We are also passionate about good food, food the way God intended it to be eaten and as such are working at establishing our sustainable farm to provide for ourselves and our community.

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Good news

We had an inspection done on the property that is at the top of our list and it came back pretty good. Our realtor was a little nervous about some of the unfinished projects but based on some of the houses we have taken on in the past, this one seems easy. We would have to put up siding and would probably but up "e-log" -(they have an internet site) on the outside and possibly some on the interior as well as we both really like the look of log. I am already planning out decorating schemes - pulled out some Thomas Kinkade farm borders I have had for awhile and also looking at red toiles and burgundy, cream, gold and forest green floral papers. Since this will hopefully we our home for awhile, (more than the 3-4 years of all of our married lives) I plan to have fun and not worry about it having a neutral color scheme for resale. I also want to do some decoupage on the kitchen cabinets (www.durwinrice.com) and on some more furniture (I did several pieces when we lived in NC and had a blast). In order to rest my back a bit yesterday, during quiet time Emma and I sat down and watched a "Sewing with Nancy" on embroidery tips, a "Martha Pullen's Sewing Room" and a "Quilt In A Day" about Pigs in the Blanket quilt blocks. Emma loves these shows and since I only watch about 10 a year it was fun for her to snuggle with Mom and dream about creating. Not much is worth watching on TV but I do enjoy these shows.

Packing up the upstairs bathroom today and cooking for tomorow. Lord willing we will put an offer in on our future home on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Day!

    May you enjoy this beautiful day, my friend.

    I am so happy you got to rest, and watch those shows..I wish I could learn from you how to sew and quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Hope the rest goes as well for you.

    ReplyDelete