I strive to be a good help meet to Steve and good mother to my 18 children. We have been blessed with children both by birth and adoption. Our adopted children have all come with some challenges and as such our life is not easy but God never promised it would be. We hope to be sanctified daily. We are passionate about education that gives people of all ages a love of learning. We are also passionate about good food, food the way God intended it to be eaten and as such are working at establishing our sustainable farm to provide for ourselves and our community.

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Baby Conference and Night Visitors

I received my 38 CD set of Vision Forum's Baby Conference yesterday. Several of us listened to the opening session last night and are looking forward into delving more deeper this evening. I also received two other CDs one entitled "Getting Your Hands Dirty - How to Teach Your Children to Love to Work" and "Tilling the Soil-Creating An Entrepreneurial Vision for the Family" - both speeches Joel Salatin gave at Vision Forum several years ago. We listened to half of the first one last night while making dinner. I had heard it before but it was a great refresher.

Early this morning (around 4 a.m.) Elizabeth and Emma came in asking to sleep with me. As I was putting Elizabeth (3 1/2) into bed I told her I was scooting her over onto Daddy's side of the bed. She sighed and said, "I wish Daddy was here." After my night visitors joined me I didn't sleep much. These girls plus baby Hannah were a ten year answer to prayer to have more babies and so I don't mind. I cannot imagine my life without them (or any of the other children for that matter). I know when they are older I will miss having them crawl into bed next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment