I strive to be a good help meet to Steve and good mother to my 18 children. We have been blessed with children both by birth and adoption. Our adopted children have all come with some challenges and as such our life is not easy but God never promised it would be. We hope to be sanctified daily. We are passionate about education that gives people of all ages a love of learning. We are also passionate about good food, food the way God intended it to be eaten and as such are working at establishing our sustainable farm to provide for ourselves and our community.

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Recommending a book I have never read

I am going to recommend a book I havent even read because there are several girls in our church, including one of my daughters, who have absolutely loved it. It is called, "Joyfully At Home" by Jasmine Baucham. If you have older girls, buy this book!!

On other fronts, like plugs away here. Kids out of the home are having major struggles (I had a friend who used to say, "Sin and Suffering - they go together." )

Here we are getting ready for farming season, watching the lambs and new calf grow, getting ready to build our hugelkultur garden beds, learning to spin wool, etc....

Lastly, I am greatly enjoying listening to sermons by Paul Washer. He is hard hitting and not afraid to offend people in their wishy washy existence. Many of his sermons are available on Sermon Audio - check them out!!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this recommendation, and by the way I LOVE your post title, mostly now, when that seems to be "the" question..."have you read the book?" :)

    Have a most blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    I'm reading this book right now, so I could say, Recommending a book I'm only half-way through.... :) It is good, and Jasmine is wise beyond her years.

    Only too soon will my Emma and I be reading this together.

    Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Joyfully Home" is an excellent book!

    ReplyDelete