I strive to be a good help meet to Steve and good mother to my 18 children. We have been blessed with children both by birth and adoption. Our adopted children have all come with some challenges and as such our life is not easy but God never promised it would be. We hope to be sanctified daily. We are passionate about education that gives people of all ages a love of learning. We are also passionate about good food, food the way God intended it to be eaten and as such are working at establishing our sustainable farm to provide for ourselves and our community.

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

Townshend Winery

Steve and I had a "date night" last night and we went to one of our favorite local places, Greenbluff Growers, specifically to Townshend Winery to do some wine tasting.  I love their Red Table Wine which is very robust, not typical for me since I am usually a sweet wine sort of person.  They have a wine club on their website that I will join once the double mortgages are done.

Also, during church yesterday our pastor spoke about dying for or "killing" your brother - specifically using the example of Cain and Abel in the literal sense.  It is interesting to me that the first covenant child created was evil - I want to do more research on this in the future once I can somewhat wrap my mind around that concept since we hope that most children born to Christian parents will be covenant keepers.

Finally, I will begin my correspondence sewing course with the Smocking Arts Guild of America today, Lord willing, plus lots of new things going on at the farm - hopefully piglets and poults soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment