I strive to be a good help meet to Steve and good mother to my 18 children. We have been blessed with children both by birth and adoption. Our adopted children have all come with some challenges and as such our life is not easy but God never promised it would be. We hope to be sanctified daily. We are passionate about education that gives people of all ages a love of learning. We are also passionate about good food, food the way God intended it to be eaten and as such are working at establishing our sustainable farm to provide for ourselves and our community.

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Working on figuring out new homestead blogger system

I have not been posting much as we are trying to figure out the new homestead blogger set up.  I have a feeling it will take me a few days.  I will miss my farm picture I had at the top of the other blog - this one was the prettiest I could find but still doesnt quite capture farming like I want it to. Oh well, sometimes new  improved technology is not always a blessing.

We are busy getting the garden ready and watching the orchard trees bloom.  More turkeys are laying on clutches and spring is definitely in the air.  We will wait to plant until the end of next week in case the folks that say they want to buy our house follow through.  Dick Raymond's "Joy of Gardening" had been recommended to me by a mentor of an agriculture class I am taking and it is an excellent book.  I will be trying out his "Eat N Store" garden plan as well as continuing with some raised Stout method beds.  I hope to get Gina to begin some pictorials of the garden as it progresses...

1 comment:

  1. Are you able to change the Header to one of your own pictures that will picture what you are after? Sharon

    ReplyDelete